To keep the bathtub clean, it needs frequent and good cleaning.
This way it will be free of scale and stains and you won’t have to spend a lot of time scrubbing.
How to clean the bathtub effectively
- Fill a bucket with hot water and pour the water all over the tub.
- Sprinkle with baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and two tablespoons of dish soap.
- Dip a sponge or stiff nylon brush into the bucket and scrub all surfaces of the tub.
- It’s a good idea to rinse the sponge or brush and run the tub again.
- When cleaning particularly dirty tubs or stains, sprinkle baking soda directly onto the sponge or brush after dipping it in the bucket solution and scrub vigorously.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, rinse with plenty of water.
- Finish by wiping the tub faucet and handles with a clean, dry cloth.
Mold in the bathtub
If the bathtub it has mold, begin the cleaning process by filling a spray bottle with warm water and four tablespoons of bleach. Spray the solution on the mold spots and let the bleach work. At the same time, sprinkle baking soda all over the tub.
Then scrub with a sponge or brush. If the tub is not completely cleaned, you may need to repeat the process.
General bathtub cleaning tips
- Cleaning a bathtub can be tedious. Protect your knees by using an old pillow or folding a towel across the length of the tub.
- If there are stains on the tub, especially older tubs, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it on the stains and wait a few hours. Wipe off the paste once it dries.
- Make sure to clean the bathtub once a week. Spending ten minutes will keep the tub clean and you won’t have to scrub for hours.
With information from mollymaid.com