What plants are toxic to children?

What plants are toxic to children?

The leaves of dieffenbachia, Leandro, and cyumafaia

Present in many homes, dieffenbachia irritates the eyes if their sap comes into contact with the skin.

Both the leander and the plague or the devil’s trumpet are toxic to children. Ingested in small quantities can lead to serious illness, and if several leaves are swallowed, they may be fatal.

If in the case of an adult, a leader leaf causes itching or diarrhea, it can cause hypotension and even death in a child.

Angel’s Trumpet Flowers

It is a spectacular plant, but its flowers, which hang like funnels, are toxic to children. The substances that make it dangerous, the toxic alkaloids, cause severe poisoning. Symptoms that often appear are convulsions, restlessness, and drowsiness.

Geranium leaves

Touching geranium leaves can lead to allergic manifestations in some children with sensitive skin: skin irritation, and hives. If he eats geranium leaves when unsupervised, he could have digestive problems.

Azalea flowers and leaves

A delightful ornamental flower thanks to its intensely colored petals, the azalea is dangerous for children. Its leaves and flowers contain toxic substances that cause vomiting, and diarrhea about 6 hours after swallowing them. If he does not receive emergency help, digestive, kidney, and liver problems worsen.

Plants with milky sap

Aloe vera, Christmas trees, Cala, yucca, and decorative plants with leaves, with milky sap, are dangerous for little ones. The substance called saponin, found on the back of aloe leaves, triggers vomiting and diarrhea. Cala contains calcium oxalates which affect the stomach and can be fatal. Crăciunita is also poisonous because of its sap. When it comes into contact with the skin and mucous membranes, it causes allergies and digestive burns.

Read Also: These can be dangerous for your child!